Women's Seminar - Ministry Training
Every Wednesday until August 7, 2019
6:30pm – 8:00pm
Location: 850 Terrace Court, St. Paul, MN 55130Category: Ministry Training | Coordinator: Stephen Lonetti
This is a formal four week intensive training event to equip the women at Beacon for ministering to other women within the church. The first objective is to identify the biblical perspective of womanhood. The second is focused on the biblical philosophy of discipling aimed to equip the women at Beacon to serve one another effectively.
This training will include intensive homework which is designed to prepare you with the knowledge and confidence to disciple other women. It will include required reading of one book per session (1 book per week) with a two-page report due on each book.
Registration began April 7, to allow participants 15-19 weeks to complete the required readings (six books) and interaction papers (four papers x 1-2 pages max).
The books that we will be reading:
- J. Ligon Duncan and Susan Hunt, Women's Ministry in the Local Church
- Mark Dever and Jamie Dunlop, The Compelling Community
- Mark Dever, Discipling: How to Help Others Follow Jesus
- Susan Hunt, Spiritual Mothering: The Titus 2 Model for Women Mentoring Women
- Alexander Strauch, The Hospitality Commands: Building Loving Christian Community, Building Bridges to Friends and Neighbors
- Rosaria Butterfield, The Gospel Comes with a House Key: Practicing Radically Ordinary Hospitality in Our Post-Christian World
All are available at Amazon. If you don't have an Amazon Prime account, we can assist you with ordering so that you will not have to pay for shipping. As with last year's seminar, we will be soliciting book scholarships for ladies who may need help obtaining the books.
If you have any questions, see Rebecca Watters at the table in the lobby.
We hope to see many of you join the 17 ladies who have completed the seminar. We are asking the Lord to raise up more women workers for the women's ministry at Beacon!